Updated: October 26, 2021
GIS Workshop, LLC, doing business as gWorks (“Company” or “We” or “Us” or “Our”), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to our websites, our web-based and mobile apps, and our products, services, and features (our “Services”) and describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing information when you use the Services.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our website, gworks.com.
- On our mobile applications.
- On our County WebGIS application.
- On our SimpleCity Cloud and Desktop applications.
- On our gWorks Cloud applications, which includes all Hubs, add-ons, settings, administrative control, and future releases.
- On our custom applications.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us.
When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or on any other website operated by any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect
The information we may collect through our Services includes:
- Personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, phone number, postal address, and other information (“personal information”). We collect this information for the purpose of providing the Services, identifying and communicating with you, responding to your requests/inquiries, and improving our services.
- Payment information, such as data related to your payment method (e.g. valid credit card number, card brand, expiration date) that we may collect when you purchase, order, return, exchange our products, or request information about our Services.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Services, and usage details, including IP address, browser type, operating system, access times, and the pages you viewed directly before and after accessing the Services.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect information from and about users of our Services:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Services.
Information You Provide To Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, for example, when you create an account, participate in interactive features of the Services (such as online chat or message boards), fill out a form, respond to a survey, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us via the Services. Such information may include personal information, payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use The Services
When you access or use the Services, we automatically collect information about you, including the following:
- We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before and after navigating to the Services.
- We use various technologies to collect information, including sending cookies to your computer or mobile device and placing web beacons on pages of the Services.
- Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Services are popular, and count visits. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default.
- Web beacons are small electronic files (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Services statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Services content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may also partner with selected third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to allow tracking technologies and remarketing services on the Services through the use of first party cookies and third-party cookies to, among other things, analyze and track users’ use of the Services, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand online activity. By accessing the Services, you consent to the collection and use of your information by these third-party vendors. You are encouraged to review their respective privacy policies and contact them directly for responses to your questions. We do not transfer personal information to these third-party vendors. However, if you do not want any information to be collected and used by tracking technologies, you can visit the third-party vendor’s website or Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out Tool or Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Tool.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Services and their contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Services updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- The usage information we collect helps us to
improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience
by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Services.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see “CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION” .
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see “CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION” .
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Services to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Services may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
Promotion by us. If you do not want us to use your email address to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
Targeted Advertising by us. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Send “Do Not Track” Signals
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. You can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, including the ability to opt out of receiving marketing from us as described above.
Policy for Children
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information through the Services or on or through any of their features. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
In compliance with the European Union (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we may rely upon one or more legal bases defined in the GDPR to collect, use, share and otherwise process the personal information of individual located in the EU, including where:
- Necessary to perform a contract we have with you, such as our terms of engagement, and to provide services;
- You have consented to the processing (in which case you may revoke your consent at any time);
- Necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Necessary to protect your vital interests or those of others;
- Necessary in the public interest; and
- Necessary for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of clients, partners, staff or others, provided that those interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Where we collect, use, disclose and otherwise process your information based on legitimate interests, we may rely on the following interests:
- Provision of services: We use your information to provide services to you and others.
- Keeping our services safe and secure: We use your information in certain instances as necessary to pursue our and your legitimate interests of keeping some of our services, such as our domains, websites, apps, offices and events, safe and secure. For example, we collect IP addresses to ensure our website and apps are not subject to fraudulent access.
- Marketing our services: We use your information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in marketing our services.
- Providing, improving and developing services: We use your information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in tailoring and improving our services. For example, if you are a customer, we may send you a survey or questionnaire to understand your experience in obtaining services from us.
- Providing seamless services with our affiliates: In some cases, the services require the engagement of, or sharing of your information with, other companies affiliated with us.
If you are located in the EU, under certain circumstances, you may have certain legal rights under the GDPR, including:
- To access the personal data we maintain about you
- To receive information about how we process your personal data
- To correct your personal data
- To have your personal data erased
- To object to or restrict how we process your personal data
- To request your personal data be transferred to a third party
- To withdraw any consent you may have given us to process your personal data
If you are an EU resident, you have the right to object to our processing that is based on legitimate interests by contacting us at the address or number below. If you are located in the EU and you believe that we have infringed your rights under the GDPR, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or calling us at: (888) 608-7666.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in your applicable Member State.
GIS Workshop, LLC dba gWorks
3905 S. 148th St., Ste 200, Omaha, NE 68144
(888) 608-7666; firstname.lastname@example.org